Distinguished Toastmaster, Anton Vanterpool II, DTM, at the 2013 Division F Fall Conference
How to join Old Town Toastmasters
Once you’ve decided that Old Town Toastmasters is the perfect club for you, there are just a few steps to become a member:
- Attend a meeting – We meet the 2nd and 4th Monday of every month in Old Town Alexandria. Networking starts at 6:15 pm with a prompt meeting commencement at 6:30 pm. Before the meeting starts, the VP of Membership will provide you with a guest kit containing a membership application.
- Complete application – The VP of Membership can answer any questions you have when filling out the Application.
- Submit application and initial payment – Renewal dues are collected every April and October and are $60 every six months. If you join in a different month, your dues are pro-rated. Any club officer can help you to calculate the cost to join (write checks out to Old Town Toastmasters, or pay via PayPal).
- Club vote: Once you are voted into Old Town Toastmasters by the existing membership, a club officer will send your application and fees to Toastmasters’ World Headquarters. You can then log onto the Toastmasters International website (www.toastmasters.org) get started on your journey with Pathways.
The Toastmasters Promise
As a member of Toastmasters International and Old Town Toastmasters, I promise:
- To attend club meetings regularly
- To prepare all of my speech and leadership projects to the best of my ability, basing them on projects in the Competent Communication, Advanced Communication or Competent Leadership manuals
- To prepare for and fulfill meeting assignments
- To provide fellow members with helpful, constructive evaluations
- To help the club maintain a positive, friendly environment necessary for members to learn and grow
- To serve my club as an officer when called upon to do so
- To treat my fellow club members and our guests with respect and courtesy
- To bring guests to club meetings so they can see the benefits Toastmasters membership offers
- To adhere to the guidelines and rules for all Toastmasters educational and recognition programs
- To maintain honest and highly ethical standards during the conduct of all Toastmasters activities