Distinguished Toastmaster, Anton Vanterpool II, DTM, at the 2013 Division F Fall Conference
How to join Old Town Toastmasters
Once you’ve decided that Old Town Toastmasters is the perfect club for you, there are just a few steps to become a member:
- Attend a meeting – We meet the 2nd and 4th Monday of every month in Old Town Alexandria. Networking starts at 6:15pm with a prompt meeting commencement at 6:30pm. Before the meeting starts, the VP of Membership will provide you with a guest kit containing a membership application.
- Complete application – The VP of Membership can answer any questions you have when filling out the Application.
- Submit application and $80 payment – Renewal dues are collected every April and October and are $60 every six months. If you join in a different month, your dues are pro-rated. Any club officer can help you to calculate the cost to join (write checks out to Old Town Toastmasters).
- Club vote: Once you are voted into Old Town Toastmasters by the existing membership, a club officer will send your application and fees to Toastmasters’ World Headquarters. Your New Member Kit should arrive in the mail in about two weeks.
The Toastmasters Promise
As a member of Toastmasters International and Old Town Toastmasters, I promise:
- To attend club meetings regularly
- To prepare all of my speech and leadership projects to the best of my ability, basing them on projects in the Competent Communication, Advanced Communication or Competent Leadership manuals
- To prepare for and fulfill meeting assignments
- To provide fellow members with helpful, constructive evaluations
- To help the club maintain a positive, friendly environment necessary for members to learn and grow
- To serve my club as an officer when called upon to do so
- To treat my fellow club members and our guests with respect and courtesy
- To bring guests to club meetings so they can see the benefits Toastmasters membership offers
- To adhere to the guidelines and rules for all Toastmasters educational and recognition programs
- To maintain honest and highly ethical standards during the conduct of all Toastmasters activities